July 20th 2008.
So Dave and I decided we wanted to start an Edkins website. I know i am still a few months out from officially being an Edkins but I wanted to get it started early so this could be a place where we could share exciting parts of our engagement as we prepare for our wedding and more importantly our marriage.
We hope to keep this blog as a place our friends and family can visit to get updates on our life and to learn about exciting things that are happening. I am so exicted about having this blog!!
MARRIAGE CLASS
Dave and I just finished a 5 week premarital class that we really loved! We took the class through my old church Rock Harbor. We learned so much and felt that it really prepared us to handle different situations in life. The class was taught by a Christian counselor as well as by a handful of mentor couples. They walked us through the biblical view of marriage as well as great tips for communication, conflict resolution, listening, budget and more.. There are a few specific things that we have been using and have found to really be awesome. One of them is the 5 A's. The 5 A's is a short exercise that we do daily. It has been such a great little tool for us to make sure we are staying in communication on a regular basis.
The other aspect of the class that really stood out to us and has made a positive impact on Dave and I is the Spirituality in marriage. They really challenged us to commit to reading our bible and praying a certain amount of time a day. The commitment to read our bible together and pray even for a short time a day has really brought us so much closer together and given us a better understanding of each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea...for your blog...it looks great. Thanks for being such a great friend, Juls!!!
Welcome to the blog world! it is so wierd to see "the Edkins" only a few short months and there will be no more Julie Smith, thats funny. I am so excited for you two, and I cant wait to see whats to come! i will add this to my favorites and check it often even though I am sure i will hear it first hand from you first!
I'm so pleased to see both of you so happy and full of the total love the two of you have for each other. My wish is that you will always be this happy. I love you.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment