well it has been a while since I have blogged at all so thought I would send out an update for all to know what's been going on in our little world the past couple of months. My pregnancy is going great. I have had my bit of nausea and such but overall doing well. I am a little over 16 weeks pregnant. We got to see and hear the heartbeat which was so amazing. We are going to find out the gender here in 2 weeks so that is so exciting, we can't wait! It really is starting to feel more real. Dave and I have noticed the past few weeks that we are beginning to feel more and more attached to the little baby already..
So Dec. 10th was my big 30th birthday and as most of you know Dave threw me an amazing 30th Casino themed party. The pictures should explain it well. It was so special because he planned every bit of it and was working really hard for a few weeks to put it all together. It made me feel very loved. Then on my actual birthday Dave and I went to Disneyland for a few hours and watched the fire works. We had a great time. It was one of those moments when you stop and realize how great your life is. We were drinking hot cocoa, with Christmas music and beautiful fireworks together on my birthday!
Then my amazing 5th period girls PE class threw me a surprise baby shower. It was so stinkin cute. They planned it all on their own and went all out, with food and decorations and gifts and even cute party favors... It was so sweet and special. and was really fun to get a few of my first little baby items.
Then we had a Smith girls baking night at my house while Dave took Bradley for a night out at Bass Pro Shop.
Then...... Let the Christmas festivities begin: we started with a Christmas Eve party at my mother in laws house. I love that party!! The traditions we do is so fun. My favorite is Christmas carols around the tree.
Christmas day we spent at my parents house. We had a really fun, relaxing time. We opened lots of presents in the morning and then played with the kids and their toys for most of the day and we all played with the dogs too. We brought Dottie and Brutus over and Karyn and Todd brought Java so sthey all had fun together.
The 26th we went down to Dave's dad's house and made a great brunch and watched a Christmas Story and had a great time together.
Then th 27th we headed back over to Carol's house to open some Christmas gifts with her and Kirsten.
Although we had many days of Christmas this year we really enjoyed all the time we got to spend with everyone in the family! Great Fun.
The last big exciting thing!! All Dave wanted for Christmas this year was money to put towards this special fishing kayak he REALLY wanted. So for the most part thats what he got from the family.. (perfect:) But when all was said and done he still wouldnt have near enough money for the kayak. so I decided I was going to give Dave the rest of the money for Christmas to go get the kayak. I thought about going and surprising him by buying the actual kayak and hiding it at my parents or something, but decided I would rather him pick it out perfectly what he wanted.. So I started saving money from our paychecks and putting it aside and when it was time to exchange gifts I gave him an envelope with the rest of the money he would need for the kayak. It all worked out great and we were able to go down and pick it up on the 26th!! It was so fun! Dave is like a big kid playing with his new Christmas toy.... Thanks so much to everyone who contributed:)
Hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas as well! and we look forward to seeing all of you very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment