My family.

My family.

About Jules

My name is Jules.
I have always loved to write. Even when I was a child I remember writing as a way of expressing myself.
I desire to help people who are hurting and want to live for something much bigger than myself and this typical (but blessed) American dream. I am learning and seeking what this looks like in my life.
I am a stay at home mom and I love it and would chose this life over and over again. But I do miss exploring the other dimensions of myself, when being a mom wasn't the number one hat I wore.
I love Jesus and am so in awe of His love for me. I hope my life can show even a bit of Him in me.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Remembering the little things....

So today I was sitting on the couch about to put my baby down for a nap, and I started thinking about these past 4 months. and I started remembering all the little things... the little treasures in my heart that come with the privledge of being a mom and a wife. here are a few of the special treasures.
I remember how the world literally felt it had stopped those first couple weeks home.
I remember sitting on the rocker in Summer's room early in the morning just snuggling her on my chest, and thinking I was the luckiest woman in the world.
I remembering eating lots of jolly ranchers in the hospital.
I remember my husband doing everything in his power and beyond to try to help me and the baby be as comfortable as possible.
I remember my husband as my biggest supporter, counselor, and friend as I struggled through breast feeding
I remember walking though our front door holding my new daughter and welcoming her to our home.
I remember Dave bringing me lots of yummy cookies from Panera.
I remember being nervous to put a shirt over the baby's head.
And it just keeps getting better..... Now when I have a bad day and Summer gives me one of those big smiles and all is well in the world, I remember that my life will never be the same and I wouldn't want it any other way.
The joy of being a mom is abundant!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

This is great Juls....I love you!!! You are such a great mommy!!!