My family.

My family.

About Jules

My name is Jules.
I have always loved to write. Even when I was a child I remember writing as a way of expressing myself.
I desire to help people who are hurting and want to live for something much bigger than myself and this typical (but blessed) American dream. I am learning and seeking what this looks like in my life.
I am a stay at home mom and I love it and would chose this life over and over again. But I do miss exploring the other dimensions of myself, when being a mom wasn't the number one hat I wore.
I love Jesus and am so in awe of His love for me. I hope my life can show even a bit of Him in me.


Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wedding Update

Hi Friends!
Just an FYI on our wedding plans. Our wedding has had to be postponed as a result of the Yorba Linda fires. Our wedding church is closed and in danger of getting burned down and reception site is being used as an evacuation center. It really is a sad time as so many people are bring affected by this disaster, Some of our friends and families are being evacuated and we understand what a hard time they must be having. We are praying about everything.

Tomorrow Dave and I are still getting married! We will be going down to the beach with our families and wedding party for a very small ceremony on the beach. It will be beautiful! I have always said I wanted a beach wedding so it will be perfect!
We will be having a reception in a few weeks to share this time with everyone.
We will be having our ceremony videotaped and plan to play it at our reception for everyone to share.

Dave and I will be going on our honeymoon Monday and will plan the reception as soon as we get back. We are hoping to have it sometime in December but we will let you all know as soon as we figure it out.

We love you all very much and can't wait to share our special day together with all of you!

Thank You all so much for all your phone calls and messages. I was so busy today and wasn't really able to get to my phone much.

Please keep all the people who are being affected by these fires in your prayers as I know many of you guys are. It really has been a reminder of how precious life is and what is truly important in life. Relationship with God and Relationship with those we love! We will truly keep everyone affected by these fires in our prayers.

God is Faithful!

Lots of Love!
Jules and Dave

3 comments:

Karyn said...

You both did awesome. The wedding was beautiful! I'm so proud of your attitude. So glad everything worked out. Love you tons ~ K

Shannon Smith said...

I ditto what Karyn said. I got on your blog to leave pretty much the same message. Everything about you yesterday embodied the word beautiful. Mrs. David Edkins, I have never felt more blessed or proud to call you my sister and one of my best friends as I did yesterday!

Dave - my new bro! Thank you for everything you did to make this day possible. Your love for my sister is what made her stay so relaxed through some CRAZY situations. I am excited to continue to get to know you more and more! I truly believe my sister is lucky to have found a man such as yourself!

Angela said...

The wedding was amazing so beautiful. You are such an amazing person jules after such a crazy hectic weekend you just kept your eyes on the prize, and nothing was going to get in the way of you marrying the man of your dreams! I love you jules and I hope you are having a blast in Hawaii you deserve it. :)