









Well the end of summer is definetly drawing near and although I am not at all ready to go back to work, I have had a wonderful summer and amazing vacations that I am so thankful we had the opportunity to take.
Dave and I spent 11 days in Hawaii. Amazing! We spent 6 days on the Big Island of Hawaii and 5 days on Kauai. We had such a great time. We did some really cool hikes to amazing waterfalls and views, we went off-roading to gorgeous secluded beaches, snorkling, kayaking, and the highlight of our trip was probably the zodiac boat trip down the Napoli Coast in Kauai. We took this small raft boat about 35 miles down the coast, we went in to caves, saw dolphins and snorkled with huge sea turtles. On Dave's Birthday we went to a restaurant called, "The Beach House" It was the best food, service and scenery and we had a really special time there too, with a amazing sunset. I got to give Dave his birthday scrapbook gift there that I had been making him and he really loved it, so that was fun!
Then after hawaii we were home for about 2 weeks before we went to Mammoth and Yosemite for a few days with Dave's family. This truly was a very special weekend for Dave and I. Just the beauty and peacefulness of the mountains, gave us an opportunity to really connect and spend time just loving each other. We went to the very top of Yosemite called Glacier Point where you have a full view of half-dome and the waterfalls and everything. Dave and I just sat there in awe of God's beautiful, amazing creation and just reminded how thankful we are for our lives~ then we spent a few days on the lake. We relaxed and fished quite a bit. Dave took his float tube out and I took the kayak and we fished in the middle of twin lakes and Lake Mary. I loved fishing off the kayak! It is something I really want to do more of. If is awesome being in the middle of the lake, so peaceful and fishing! we had a ball!! We came home saying how we feel we really grew closer to each other and to God in Mammoth and Yosemite.
Love you all!Hope you are all doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment