My family.

My family.

About Jules

My name is Jules.
I have always loved to write. Even when I was a child I remember writing as a way of expressing myself.
I desire to help people who are hurting and want to live for something much bigger than myself and this typical (but blessed) American dream. I am learning and seeking what this looks like in my life.
I am a stay at home mom and I love it and would chose this life over and over again. But I do miss exploring the other dimensions of myself, when being a mom wasn't the number one hat I wore.
I love Jesus and am so in awe of His love for me. I hope my life can show even a bit of Him in me.


Friday, July 16, 2010

one month...



Love is an interesting thing. The way you think you love something with your entire heart and then the next day you love them even more.
I remember the day Dave proposed to me thinking that there was no way I could ever love him more than i did that day. ( mushy i know :) and then I remember feeling the same way on our Wedding day... and now today I love him even so much more than that. So as I experience life and love more, I realize that true love is constant and unconditional but it is also growing, maturing and deepening as you journey through life and experiences.
I am feeling this same feeling with my daughter. When Summer was in the womb, I loved her so much, the more she moved and played inside my stomach, the more I felt my love grow... The day she was born I loved her more than I could have ever imagined and now as each day passes my love for her just keeps growing and growing. I remember my mom telling me once that "when you think your heart couldn't possibly love something any more... than your heart gets bigger"
Its hard to imagine that tommorrow I will love her even more than today... But I know I will.

Summer turned 1 month yesterday. It has gone by really fast. I feel like that fog we had the first week was just yesterday but in other ways I feel like she has been in our lives for so long. She is really starting to change. She is starting to look more and more like "our" baby. the first few weeks I didnt really think she looked like us too much. She is so much more alert now. When you lay her on her tummy she is started to lift up her head and she is really starting to follow things with her eyes. I love watching her in her swing looking up at the little bears on the mobile.
Parenting is going great! I am starting to feel more comfortable and like I am realy connecting and understanding my baby more and her needs. Summer and I are learning together and I think it is going well.
Dave is truly a great dad.. a natural. His eyes gleam for love for Summer. THe minute he walks in the door from work he cant wait to spend time with her. I love watching him talk to her and love on her.
We are both very thankful!~

Lots of Love

Jules

No comments: