Tonight I had one of those moments that just imprints on your heart. That made me realize that sometimes I am too concerned with all the things " I need to get done." instead of stopping to embrace and savor the beautiful moment I am experiencing.....
Here was that moment.
Summer fell asleep on my shoulder while I was burping her. This doesn't happen too often anymore but when it does I often put her down shortly after as i want to get going on chores or what not. This is not necessarily a bad thing as things do need to get done, but I love the times the things can wait. Tonight was one of those times. Summer was snuggled up on my shoulder in the rocker in her room, bedtime lullabies in the background and I was singing my favorite " I love you" song (that I made up when she was a newborn.) A couple times she started to squirm so I softly started to sing "our song" and she comfortably snuggled back up in my arms. We just sat. sang. snuggled. prayed and reminisced over the past 5 months.
All of the sudden emotion just filled my heart. Tears started streaming down my face as i was overwhelmed with the love and adoration I have for sweet Summer. The love of a mother is uncomprehendable. It is a small glimpse of how our heavenly father loves us as His children. With thanksgiving tomorrow, all I could think of was how grateful and forever thankful I am for the gift of my beautiful, precious, happy. amazing daughter. Summer Nicole.
And thankful that I was able to remember that the laundry can wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it was fun being with you yesterday and I enjoyed Summer so much. I'm glad you had a precious moment with her instead of doing laundry. These times go too fast.
This is a great reminder Julie, thank you!!!
Post a Comment