



A bit late on this post but this was such a great vacation that I didn't want to miss an opportunity to write about it.
We went camping in the motorhome labor day weekend at Carlsbad State Beach. This was one of my favorite vacations we have had!. It was just such our style of fun. We rode bikes and went to the beach every day and then hung out by the camp fire at night. We got there Thursday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. Some family friends were also there so we got to hang with them which was super fun. My parents came down on Saturday just to hang out with us and we had a wonderful day. We rode our bikes to get sandwiches and then went to the beach with Summer and then ate a yummy dinner and roasted smores.. so fun!
I would say the best part of this trip and what made it the most special in a lot of ways is that this was such a big trip/weekend for Summer. I feel like she was a baby when we left and a toddler when we got home. Before this trip she was taking steps but on this trip she really started walking independently. It started with her walking around with her push toy and then her running all over the beach. She and Dave would walk to each other and she would take more and more steps and she would fall in the sand and not even care. After a few days of running around in the sound, she was a full blown walking. I also feel like she started to say a few words on this trip and as we got home she started talking more and more. We are going back in a few weeks and I can hardly wait. I think we will made beach camping a regular Edkins vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment