Friday, August 29, 2008
Back to the real world!!
So I started back to work this week after a nice summer of relaxation and wedding planning. I have to say this summer felt faster then any other summer that I can remember. I really was not excited to go back to work and was especially anxious starting a new job at a new school. I am now working at Ontario Christian, which is awesome because it is five minutes from Dave's house where I will be living in 2 short months : ). I am teaching Jr. High and High School P.E. and then will be doing sports medicine part time after school for the sports team. At first I was having a hard time with the transistion. I was kinda missing my old school and the comfortable, easy enviroment I was in, and was nervous about getting my feet wet in sports medicine again that I haven't practiced much in a couple years. But now I am feeling excited. I finally have everything ready and pretty organized and am feeling more confident. The staff is so great. Last night Dave and I went to a social for all faculty and spouses and It was really fun. The staff is very supportive of family and balance in life. The more comfortable and confident I start to feel in my role there the more excited I am getting. I have felt since I first got this job that it was so clear that this is where I was supposed to be. The kids start on Tuesday so I will update next week on how things are going. Hope everyone else is doing well and happy. We can't believe it is only 2 and a half months until our wedding, but we are so so excited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad that you are starting to feel comfortable and are getting the feel for things at your new school. I like how you said the school is supportive about having a family and balance. you need that! love you
Post a Comment